Monday, June 22, 2015

Baby Pink Hexie Quilt


 I just can't seem to quilt hexies. This is my 3rd hexie quilt (I think) and I am working on my fourth. I really enjoy relaxing by hand sewing these hexies.

 I have tried glue basting and I like how fast the process is but I don't like the result when I take out the papers (the edges need to be fussed with and ironed).

 I gathered up all my pink scraps/stash and sewed up a bunch of hexie flowers.
 

  I quilted by sewing in the ditch and finished it off with a hand sewn binding. I machine washed and dried the quilt and it crinkled up nicely.

 Quilt Particulars:
-tutorial to make hexies and a larger version of this quilt here
-grey fabric is a Moda solid, Fog
-flower centers is by Lori Holt, Vintage Happy
-1" english paper pieces
-42 flowers
-294 hexies
-grey squares are cut 6.25"
quilt finishes 36"X42"
 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have a hexie quilt on my to do list. Must get it started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see what you make! Happy Sewing

      Delete
  2. Love your hexies Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind feedback

      Delete
  3. I too use Sew Line glue on my hexis. But before I remove the papers I spray starch them, then iron them very well on both sides. This seems to loosen the glue and the papers come out quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spray starch is a great idea. Thanks!

      Delete