Thursday, July 31, 2014

Vintage Quilt Thursday: Dresden Plate


Happy Thursday! Today I am sharing my Dresden Plates with you. These unfinished plates came from my daughter's grandmother's family.
I have about 20 of them and I am hoping to make at least 2 quilts so I can pass them along to my daughters.


Each blade was hand sewn and the center yellow circle was reverse appliqued.  They measure 14".

There are so many different feedsacks, its like a little fabric history lesson.
 

The tutorial and pdf I am sharing next week will not be using the reverse applique for the center. The technique I am using is (I think) much simplier.


 I needle turn appliqued each plate on to a square. You can still see my cross hair folding I used to center the plate.

I haven't decided how to join the blocks yet, sashing, no sashing.

Check back next Thursday for a tutorial and free pattern to make this block!






Today I am busy putting Advant Garden bundles together. Momo has put together another great line!

No comments:

Post a Comment